weird network issue

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 12:32:35 IST 2011

Hi,

I'm getting some really weird error, even though the network on the machine
works well.
When I'm doing: "service network restart" or "ifup eth0", I'm getting a
message: RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable.

It is reachable. route's output is perfectly ok, the machine can access the
net and I can access it from outside. DNS works, ping works etc..

Looking at /var/log/messages, all I see is:

Feb 14 13:23:00 testing23 kernel: eth0: intr type 2, mode 0, 1 vectors
allocated
Feb 14 13:23:00 testing23  kernel: eth0: NIC Link is Up 10000 Mbps

Here is my ifcfg-eth0 (it's a virtual machine, so the check_link stuff is
what vmware added)

DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
USERCTL=no