Update: eVrit e-book Reader

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Mon Feb 21 12:01:18 IST 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011, Lior Kaplan wrote about "Re: Update: eVrit e-book Reader":
> Did you get any kind of source or offer for the source as the licenses
> require?
>
> Kaplan

I am not a lawyer and haven't paid attention to every little detail in the GPL,
so maybe I'm asking a stupid question: does the GPL really say that you must
give the source, or offer the source from your own site?

What I mean is, if someone is selling a device running some unmodified version
of Linux, and a couple other unmodified programs, isn't it enough for them
to just say that, and you can get it from those projects' own official sites?

Nadav.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Monday, Feb 21 2011, 17 Adar I 5771