Android phones

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Wed Feb 23 14:00:49 IST 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 01:20:07PM +0200, Elazar Leibovich wrote:

> In a personal note, I've no idea if it's Placebo (it happened to me ever
> since I started using mobile phone, before I learned anything about the
> health problems), or is it because of some other effect. But I'm feeling an
> headache each and every time I'm speaking on a mobile phone for more than a
> few moments. It is perfectly reproducible, and never happens to me with home
> phones, or ear phones, or when pressing a small TRANSISTOR near my ear.

If it bothers you that much, use an ear-piece.

Try the following blid test (use a friend as an assistant). I assume
that the phone allows voip calls.

Cover most of the screen of the device so you won't be able to see
what's the connection status and the type of the call. Now have the
friend enable/disable GSM/3G and call through either GSM, wifi or (if
possible) wired network (through USB). Try it several times and see how
well can you tell what connection type was used.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best