Android phones

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Thu Feb 24 08:42:38 IST 2011

On יום רביעי 23 פברואר 2011 19:46:56 Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by "upstream". Most of the limitations of the
> forum solutions stem from the fact that no sources are available for the
> phones, so you are, essentially, hacking in BiDi support by modifying
> the binaries. Which upstream would you say is responsible, in such a case?
>
> Also, bear in mind that while I think a better job can be done, not
> everything is fixable when you are doing binary only hacking.

Can  you explain how those "roms" are done? What does does it mean "binary
patching"? Points to FMs are OK, search terms are OK as well.

Comming from the world of OSS and package managers I still strugle to
understand the terminology used in the Android community for the things I do
every day in my computers (and at work).