Help with script

Mordecha Behar mordecha.behar at mail.huji.ac.il
Thu Feb 24 20:07:24 IST 2011

I am not a script wizard, but I think I may know of a way to cut down a lot
of the work.
Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/) is a FOSS library tool. It allows the
user to import books in many formats, including plain text and html.
Another FOSS program called Sigil (http://code.google.com/p/sigil/) allows
the user to easily create, edit and modify epub formatted ebooks (creating a
title page, changing text format in a GUI editor, making a table of
contents...).
What I would do would be to save the html (or plain text) files from the
internet in a single folder, then import that to Calibre, then use Calibre's
tool to convert to an epub book, and use Sigil to add the finishing touches.
Between the two, and with freely available text from the internet, I think
you can get the job done a lot easier, without writing a single script.
Good luck!