OT: PHP 32 bit numbers security issue

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Wed Jan 5 13:41:51 IST 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote about "OT: PHP 32 bit numbers security issue":
> Hi,
> I just found something related to PHP and handling 32 bit numbers, I wrote
> about it here: http://goo.gl/xqQZd

I found a fix on Zend's repository,
http://svn.php.net/viewvc/php/php-src/trunk/Zend/zend_strtod.c?r1=307095&r2=307094&pathrev=307095

Does anyone know anything about what caused this bug, how come a "volatile"
fixed it (what, it was a gcc optimization bug?), and what does it have to do
with 32 vs 64 bits?

--
Nadav Har'El                        |    Wednesday, Jan  5 2011, 29 Tevet 5771