[rms at gnu.org: Speeches in Israel?]

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Sun Jan 16 18:29:50 IST 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011, Ehud Karni wrote about "[rms at gnu.org: Speeches in Israel?]":
> I got this request from RMS through Eli Zaretskii.
>
> I think one of the Israeli Linux forums (TELUX, HAIFUX) is appropriate
>
> I think the forum mangers should contact RMS directly and coordinate
> the speech.
>
> Ehud.

Last time around (January 2003, 8 years ago... has he been in Israel since?),
he gave a speech in IBM Haifa Research Center's auditorium, and later we
(several dozens of Israeli linux fans) also had an informal dinner with him,
where he also gave a sort of informal speech.

Wherever he visits this time, I hope that it will be possible to record
and/or video his speech for posterity, and for the people who can't really
come to Haifa/Jerusalem/wherever the speech ends up being given at.
I understood that last time IBM intended to do that, but had some technical
difficulties so at the end it didn't happen. I hope that this time, this
will be a requirement from the venue (heck, it's not that difficult to
record at least the audio!).

Finally, I wonder if anybody has any guess why RMS is visiting Israel in
July - is it a private visit, or some public event in Israel he's attending?
I know there's a wikimedia conference planned in the beginning of August
2011 - maybe he's coming to that? :-)

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Sunday, Jan 16 2011, 12 Shevat 5771