new SI1452 keyboard layout

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Jan 16 22:53:18 IST 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 10:18:50PM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Thankfully, Hamakor has a couple of representatives at the committee,
> and one of them (yours truly) did his best to make the process as
> transparent as possible. The best way to get your feedback considered by
> the committee (before reaching the public comments stage, that is) is by
> reading all the comments on the blog post Tzafrir pointed to, and then,
> if what you said is not redundant to what was already said, leave a
> comment with it. I think it is the only sane way to make sure your
> comments actually get considered by the standard while it is being
> drafted.

Well, you asked for comments. I tried it. I liked it. But I really
missed a certain key. This is my comment. This is the format of comments
I best understand.

If that key won't be included at all, I figure I won't go manually
editing every system around. If this key ends up elsewhere, I'll probably
just get used to it (it is already not exactly where it is in the lyx
mapping I used before).  I do want a single useful standard. However
I'm all for trying it out (which I already do).

So I have no intention in forking anything. This is just my way of
trying it out. Please do keep up your good work there.

Cheers,

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best