pdflatex+vim

Avraham Rosenberg for.avraham at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 08:01:26 IST 2011

Hi,
I am trying to switch pdflatex.
With latex, I used to edit the tex file in vim, latex it using the macro
defined in vimrc, and check the output with xdvi. If corrections were
needed, I made them without closing the xdvi screen. After latex-ing again
the corrected source the xdvi display updated automatically.
Trying to obtain the same behavior with pdflatex, I introduced the
following macro in my vimrc file:
map _P_ :!pdflatex %
which works allrigth. But, unlike xdvi, neither the xpdf, nor the gv
displays update automatically after corrections.

Any suggestion?

Thanks, Avraham

--
Please avoid sending Excel or Powerpoint attachments to this address