TV card

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 16:43:23 IST 2011

On Jan 23, 2011, at 4:30 PM, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> If the ability to record is secondary, I'd go with the simplest
> cards. I have a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 card, which is excellent for
> recording (I was actually too lazy to set up a full DVR - we record
> using a glorified "cat /dev/video0 >  show.mpg"), but it is much
> more difficult to watch live TV with it (couldn't get it to work,
> even though, in theory, /dev/video24 should work just like with the
> dumb card).

Except for the fact that over the air analog TV broadcasts are
scheduled to stop Feb 2.If you don't have HOT, YES, or a private
satellite dish, the cards will "go dark" without an external decoder.

Geoff

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.