hebrew utf8 tex examples

Avraham Rosenberg for.avraham at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:41:27 IDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 02:34:16PM +0300, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:

> The following seems to work for me: when I change \rmdefault (see the
> commented lines) the font changes. Does this solve your problem?
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \usepackage{ucs}
> \usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
>
> \usepackage[english,hebrew]{babel}
>
> \usepackage{culmus}
>
> \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{miriam}
> %\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{nachlieli}
> %\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{yehuda}
> %\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{frank}
>
> \begin{document}
> שלום \L{World}!
> \end{document}
>

> --
> Oleg Goldshmidt | pub at goldshmidt.org

   Thanks a lot for both answers. After including the "\usepackage{ucs}"
command, the renewcommand did work for the Hebrew text as well.

Still I'd love to find example of tex files: for someone like me, who did not learn
latex systematically, but stopped reading the moment I was able to accomplish
the job at hand, this is the easiest way to find out blunders and correct
them...
   Cheers, Avraham
--
Please avoid sending Excel or Powerpoint attachments to this address