Finally - A RMS talk in Tel-Aviv. Including details

Orr Dunkelman orr.dunkelman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 19:46:31 IDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Michael Shiloh
<michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com> >> To be more general, it is unheard of
for a prospective guest to set
>> political conditions for his hosts. Aside of any other aspects, the man
>> is a boor, and should have been ignored.
>

> I'm not sure that's true. Haven't musicians and other performers used their
> platform as a way to express agreement or disagreement with particular
> political positions for ages?
>
> Michael

It is very rare in computer science to mix politics and work.
Actually, this is true for most exact sciences.

As for RMS, who is an advocate of freedom of rights, he has just
agreed to accept money (travel costs) in exchange for giving away his
freedom of speech.
Tz'e Wolmad...

--
Orr Dunkelman,