[OFFTOPIC] Re: Richard Stallman answer to me

Meir Michanie meirm at riunx.com
Tue Jun 7 14:10:40 IDT 2011

I think that everyone has an opinion, a political agenda and a
personal agenda. I chose to use FOSS as a way to defend my right to
use any software in anyway I want and not to be tide to the
political/business agenda of a proprietary software provider.
The right to use free software should be a human right not linked to
any agenda. Free as in freedom without committing to anyone's agenda.

As Geoff said, BSD license allows you to detach at any moment from the
source and lead your own way.
May be the greater value of the FOSS would come when it is owned and
ruled by nobody, as Freedom is not owned by any sponsor.
We all agree to the value of FOSS, RS at this stage may be  a mere
representative of a foundation that supports that idea but nothing
more. He did not invent freedom, and I do not need his permission or
blessing to be part of the FOSS movement.
If FOSS is democracy, the RS and GNU is a party.
If we do not agree with his agenda and point of view, then it is our
choice to either influence inside the party or to create a new party.
( This is Israel after all. :)   )

Do you want to chat with RS? do it.
You think that he is not welcome because of his agenda? don't invite him.
Do you want to discuss and chat over FOSS? meet with any of your peers.
Proprietary software has a father. FOSS doesn't, it belongs to RS as
it belongs to me and you.
Do you think that the guy is using the movement for his own personal
agenda and it doesn't fit yours? try to take his place by meritocracy.

Best regards,
Meir