Problem configuring SAMBA for print server

Israel Shikler softkol at netvision.net.il
Tue Mar 8 10:25:20 IST 2011

Hi,

I am configuring SAMBA to be the interface between our Windows users and our
Print server on Redhat Linux. The print server is not CUPS, but this is
irrelevant to my problem.

The Windows users authenticate against ADS.
I have already configured SAMBA to authenticate against the AD server.

When a Windows user browses to \\LNX1 he can see all the printers. However
when clicking on a printer icon, there is a message that no driver is
available. When looking at the printer properties, the driver field name is
empty. Everything is grayed off, and it is impossible to set anything.

I also looked into the print server properties, and again in the drivers
tab, the driver list is empty, and everything is grayed off, so I cannot add
a driver.

I guess it's a permissions problem, or something in the SMB.CONF file.

Here is the SMB.CONF file. Would appreciate any advice.

Israel Shikler
972-77-5354006
050-28885100
[global]

	workgroup = DOMAIN
	server string = Unispool Print Server
	netbios name = LNX1

	log level = 3
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 50

	security = ads
	passdb backend = tdbsam
	realm = DOMAIN.CO.IL

	password server = nt.domain.co.il
	encrypt passwords = yes

	winbind enum users = no
	winbind enum groups = no
	winbind use default domain = yes
	winbind nested groups = yes
	winbind separator = +
	idmap uid = 600-20000
	idmap gid = 600-20000
	template shell = bin/false

	preferred master = no

# --------------------------- Printing Options -----------------------------

	load printers = yes

	printcap name = /printers.txt
	printing = sysv
	command = /spooler/bin/lp -d%p -oudatatype=raw %s;rm %s
	lpq command = /spooler/bin/unismb --show %p
	lprm command = /spooler/bin/unismb --delete %p %j

==============================

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba