OT - Thunderbird changing Hebrew characters to ???

David Suna david at davidsconsultants.com
Thu Mar 17 10:25:39 IST 2011

This is not a linux issue but it does deal with FOSS software and Hebrew.

I am running Thunderbird 3.1.9 on Windows XP.  Recently it has started
changing all Hebrew characters in the Subject line into question marks.
The messages are coded in UTF-8 and if I look at them using a Webmail
client the Hebrew characters are displayed correctly.  Does anyone know
how I can fix this?  In the past I had been getting Hebrew characters in
the Subject line.  Hebrew in the message body still works properly.

Thanks,

--
David Suna
david at davidsconsultants.com