Checkpoint Endpoint Security VPN with linux

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Mon Mar 21 04:51:43 IST 2011

On 20/03/11 23:49, Elazar Leibovich wrote:

> Yeah, but as your probably know, VPN is used in practice to connect to
> your workstation from your laptop
>
> And VPN solution could offer NAT, in fact a shallow Google search[1]
> offers exactly the same solution.
>
> Is there something I'm missing here?

I think so.

Instead of me trying to explain it to you, why don't you just try to
draw the network topology you think will solve the problem. I believe
that will give you the answer you are seeking.

Alternatively, if you do manage to draw a network topology that has your
workstation be on a same network as your laptop and yet allow you to
connect, please do post it here for everyone (or, at the very least, me)
to learn something new. Please bear in mind, though, that your
workstation isn't the computer you connect with VPN to. It is the
gateway firewall, which, potentially, connects to more than the network
in which your work station reside.

Shachar

Trains stop at the train station.
Buses stop at the bus station.