Too many stars!!!

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Fri Mar 25 11:41:34 IST 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to use kstars via a projector in order to create a realistic
sky map of the day of her birth in her room. I've resolved most of the
technical problems involved (I still need to pick the correct projection
type and figure out how to position the projector completely vertical),
but there is another problem I'm facing. In its default mode, kstars
simply displays too many stars.

When you click it in order to move the display around, it shows just the
major stars, and that view has about the right amount of stars for us to
paint on the ceiling and walls, but when stationary, there are simply
too many stars in the view.

I've tried to find a way to limit the view to "only the most bright
stars", to no avail.

If anyone has any idea (an idea that recommends a different program is
also okay), please say so.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh