sending mail from the command line

Jonathan Ben Avraham yba at tkos.co.il
Tue May 10 15:12:33 IDT 2011

Hi Dan,
Indeed it looks as though your mail did in fact go out to gmail. There is
a chance that gmail silently dropped your mail in its spam filter.

You could use tcpdump (as in wireshark) on outgoing traffic to destination
port 25 to examine the traffic between your machine and the receiving
machine. Alternately you could send to another mail server that has less
opaque filtering.

Regards,

  - yba