MS buys Skype - will it support Linux

Mordecha Behar mordecha.behar at mail.huji.ac.il
Sat May 14 20:48:25 IDT 2011

One day I was poking around my desktop and found that Ekiga had come
preinstalled. I fired it up and was dutifully impressed with all the "new
and exciting" features they promoted. (This was about 3 versions ago).
I liked that it loaded up the first time quickly and seamlessly, and walked
me through getting my very own free SIP address.
Then when I tried actually using it I discovered to my chagrin that
everybody I know uses Skype.
My account is still around somewhere, and probably still active, but I have
nothing that I can do with it.
Maybe people will migrate from Skype, but maybe not.