File Server for SOHO?

Jonathan Ben Avraham yba at tkos.co.il
Fri May 20 14:10:15 IDT 2011

Hi Amichai,
I think that you would be best to tell your friend to use genuine
Microsoft Windows for the server for the following reasons:

a) He will remain your friend and will not curse you for setting up
something that he can't understand and is not motivated to understand

b) He will not be exposing the core of his business operations to the
risks of an unfamiliar technology and the risks of multiple technologies

c) He will be able to fix it himself or easily find someone who can

Instead, you should set him up an additional client workstation with
Ubuntu and show him how to use it.

Sorry for deviating from the party line, but I have gained the above
wisdom over many years of experience with small businesses.
Shabbat Shalom,

  - yba

--
  EE 77 7F 30 4A 64 2E C5  83 5F E7 49 A6 82 29 BA    ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
      - yba at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -