[OT] cold fill [Was: translate a pdf file from german to english]

Oleg Goldshmidt pub at goldshmidt.org
Sun May 22 01:21:21 IDT 2011

Stan Goodman <stan.goodman at hashkedim.com> writes:

> On Saturday 21 May 2011 at 23:06:56 (GMT+2) Oleg Goldshmidt
> <pub at goldshmidt.org> wrote:
>
>> Stan Goodman <stan.goodman at hashkedim.com> writes:
>> > the item is not marketed outside Israel (because nowhere else is it
>> > customary for washing machines to heat their own water).
>>
>> Eh? You don't seriously think the world consists of US and Israel
>> only, I hope. ;-)
>
> Not I.
>
> Eh? What I do think, and you don't, is that English is the most
> ubiquitous western language

I see how my "US and Israel" comment could be confusing. I certainly
agree that English is the lingua franca of the world. I referred to
the fact that only in the US (well, there may be a few other places,
but it changes nothing in priciple) hot+cold fill is still dominant,
while the rest of the world uses cold fill only, and it is not some
weird technological backwardness of Israel. Stan's parenthetical
"nowhere else" [except Israel - OG] caused the comment (and a
smiley!).

With this clarification, I'll take my coat and leave the OT territory
- sorry for the noise.

Oleg Goldshmidt | pub at goldshmidt.org