sponsorship?

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Sun May 29 18:18:46 IDT 2011

On Sunday 29 May 2011 at 18:06:14 (GMT+2) Hetz Ben Hamo
<hetzbh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Demanding that he will not talk to the Palestinians? umm, with the
> political situation today, I hardly belive he will agree to that.
>
> I was thinking more of: If we can find a company who's willing to pay
> the flight tickets, hotel etc, and then let Stallman decide whether
> he wants to appear at the Palestinians universities or not.
>
> It's quote a shame that the Palestinians would prefer to do those
> tricks..
>
> David, I read the article, and as a person who wants to hear
> Stallman's FSF talks (and not political talks), so I do want to
> believe we can find a solution for that.
>
> Hetz
>
> 2011/5/29 amichay p. k. <am1chay.p.k at gmail.com>
>
> > Even if we don't find a company willing to finance the visit we can
> > definitely raise funds for this purpose.
> >
> > By the way, if Israel would pay for the visit I demand that he will
> > not give a talk for the Palestinians.
> >
> > 2011/5/29 Hetz Ben Hamo <hetzbh at gmail.com>

When small-mindedness becomes an Olympic sport, the Palestibians will
definitely walk away with the Gold. I don't thing Israel should show
itself with the same mindset. Quite apart from concern about any concern
about foreign political effects were Israel to condition a visit on not
speaking in RamAllah as well, I think the Israel group should make no
stipulation at all, but invite the Palestinians to pitch in if they
would like to make the gesture as a contribution to a peaceable
atmosphere. Whether they are willing to make such a gesture is their own
business.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on