sponsorship?

Ira Abramov Lists-Linux-IL at ira.abramov.org
Sun May 29 18:19:52 IDT 2011

Quoting Aviad Mandel, from the post of Sun, 29 May:
> Could anyone please explain why His Majesty's visit to the holy land matters
> at all? This thread sounds like a bunch of teenager girls who want to touch
> Justin Bieber.

Well, on the one hand I share the sentiment. The ideas are more
important than the man himself. however the items in the papers ARE
focusing on the person and his decisions, and make us look bad, if only
for a day, in some beholders' eyes. It's a public relations issue, not a
fanboy thing. Not for me anyway - I don't think he's doing any justice
to the cause with the way he presents the issues most of the time,
creating antagonism too often. However since the FSF has chosen him as a
spokesperson and not someone else, then his public persona and now
political views affect our community's public image, therefore the issue
needs to be addressed.

However, since it's not a GNU/Linux issue, I prefer we all take this
discussion to Hamakor's list, as people asked before. RMS has replied to
Eddie Aronovich's accusation with a defensive, laconic short answer. I
hope he'll reply to my personal email to him in a different tone.
Updates, if you want them, will be on the discussions at hamakor list, and
my blog, probably.

--
Master of disguise
Ira Abramov