sponsorship?

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:43:07 IDT 2011

On May 29, 2011, at 6:23 PM, Stan Goodman wrote:

> What twisted reasoning!

Not really, if you go back to his writings, he's been anti-Israel and
pro-Palestinain since the days of Ariel Sharon. If you google him, you
find that he espouses those views even now.

Unfortunately he has gone from the "GNU spokesperson" to the "GNU AND
anti-Israel spokesperson". Something I fear will not be forgotten.

In the past it did not matter, no one really cared at that level, but
now we all have been forced to take sides. Personally if it is a
choice between GNU and Israel, I'll be looking for GNU-free software
(as opposed to GNU FREE).

IMHO this is going to get ugly, people are going to ask questions that
were irrelevant or nonexistant such as "how much money does the FSF
get from terror organizations?", "should RMS be allowed in Israel",
etc. There is a lot of money in free software, and if there is money
there is politics and if political capital can be made from it, it will.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.