Linux 3.0

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:46:50 IDT 2011

On May 29, 2011, at 6:29 PM, Ira Abramov wrote:

> I see no one else mentioned it on the list, so here it is, fresh from
> the kernel liׁ•t - Linus is considering a switch from 2.6.X to 3.X
> soon.
> No technical reason I can see, only that the kernel is going to be
> entering its third decade of life in July. Your ideas? :)
>
> http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Linux-3-0-could-be-out-in-July-1248294.html

Good time to switch to BSD? It's GNU free :-)

How much is going to be broken?

What's going to be left out?

Will audio ever work right?

Will Linus, etc ever "get it" that it's not a toy and people actually
expect it to work and stay working?

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.