Scheduling a Meeting in a Cafe or Restaurant

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Sat Nov 5 20:41:36 IST 2011

On 11/05/2011 08:12 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 20:00, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir at cohens.org.il> wrote:
>> Now I'm confused. Smoke signals can only be used on a face-to-face
>> meeting nowadays, right?
>>
> Shlomi is in Tel Aviv, that is in the west of the country. As we are
> entering Autumn, with westward winds, Shlomi can _receive_ smoke
> signals but his transmissions will be lost until Spring when the winds
> turn eastward again.

You are not 100% correct. First, terminology wise, wind is named after
the direction it is coming from, not the direction it is blowing to. As
such, you need to reverse almost all east and west in your explanation.

Also, while the Autumn and Spring are, indeed, the seasons in Israel
where Eastern winds are expected, they are still not typical. The sea is
too big of a heat sink to overcome so completely.

Last, it is mostly the fog that will prevent Shlomi from seeing smoke
signals, which are mostly going up anyways. As such, I suggest we do all
smoke signals communications indoors, where visibility is better.

So, we need a Cafe where we can set fire to the furniture. Since
furniture filling, typically, burns with highly toxic smoke, be sure to
bring your gas masks with you.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh