Detecting runaway process

ik idokan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:18:17 IST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 14:52, Evgeniy Ginzburg <nad.oby at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/11/17 ik <idokan at gmail.com>:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I have a daemon that every X amount of time just stop running. There are
> no
> > logs or any other indicator for what will make it stop running, but it
> does.
> > I'm looking for ideas on how to figure out what makes the daemon to stop
> > running.
> >
> > Can you please help me with that ?
>
> And also it is useful to be specific then you asking question.
> Eg daemon, distribution, etc...
> http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

You must be new here. I'm known to be non smart person.
I usually choose tools that works for the task I require even when they are
not what everyone else chooses ...

Unlike forums, I can not edit it and add additional information that I'ved
missed, so I can send another email with additional information when  I
find out that I missed something out ...