init sequence

Avraham Rosenberg for.avraham at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 12:10:55 IST 2011

Hi,

   I added a second hardrive to an existing system. I moved there three
directories which should be mounted at boot, and I added the corresponding
entries in /etc/fstab.
   Trouble is that during the e2fsc stage of the boot, I often get the
message "nonexistent device˝ for their mount points. Apparently udev is
slow to detect them: If I comment out their entries in /etc/fstab and e2fsc
them after the end of the boot sequence, and subsequently mount them,
it works allright.
Any suggestion ?

Thanks, Avraham
--
Please avoid sending Excel or Powerpoint attachments to this address.