Find Free Software a New Voice

Barry.R bigrab at zahav.net.il
Sun Oct 9 14:09:17 IST 2011

> So we can discuss this matter as much as we want, but we did not give
> RMS this position, and we can certainly not take it away.

That may be so, but what many of us want is to do is distance ourselves from RMS' behaviour which
not only incorporates a partisan political attitude when it comes to this country, (so much for
the zeitgeist of Free and Open - has it also become another metaphor for hypocrisy because of RMS'
fingerprints all over it?)  but also a callous insensitive posture regarding a man whom we did not
know personally but who enriched the lives of many with his creations.
There is a time and place for everything but now is not the time to resort to media practices.
RMS may be intelligent but he is not a mensch.