FSF Campaign against Microsoft's Plan to Enforce "Secure Boot"

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Tue Oct 25 17:30:35 IST 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:36:44AM +0200, geoffrey mendelson wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2011, at 10:07 AM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>> IANAL and thus IDCALI.
>>

> Sorry, I don't understand the acronym, nor could I find an explanation
> that fit.
>
>> Stallman did this as a private person.
>

> NO, he did not. Here's an example of his signature from his emails,
> taken from a conversation on this list back when it was relevant. You
> are welcome to look them up in the archive:
>
> 	Dr Richard Stallman President,
> 	Free Software Foundation
> 	51 Franklin St Boston MA 02110
> There can be no doubt that he said it as President of the FSF, and which
> FSF he was speaking as.
> To be blunt, have you ever been an officer of a corporation in the US?
> Geoff.

No. However you have been looking for any anti-Stallman and anti-GPL
excuse for a long time. Well before this afair. I recall all sort of odd
excuses of why not use the GPL. I suppose you'll be tellin us that the
French have declared the GPL illegal:

  https://www.mirbsd.org/permalinks/wlog-10_e20111024-tg.htm#e20111024-tg_wlog-10

Over time I have lerned to just ignore your "legal" arguments.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best