Jewish Nanny-Cam

Steve G. wordz2u at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 13:59:47 IDT 2011

I want to install a security camera, to keep a remote eye on what goes on in
a house when I am away, i.e. a 'nanny-cam'.

I have a very old dell, which is currently running the latest ubuntu, and
may still have windows xp installed on it as well. It does not have wifi,
but can be connected to the dsl modem with a long cable, or I can get a
dongle.

Could someone recommend a security system that would allow me to keep an eye
on the place from the US or Central America? Is there a system that I can
connect wirelessly to the DSL modem, which will broadcast its name or ip
address for access (without a membership in a for-fee service)? If not what
hardware/software do you recommend for ubuntu (preferably) or windows xp
that can accomplish the same through the computer?

Thanks,

Z.

--
http://www.words2u.net - GPS points and tracks (mainly in Costa Rica)