xfig+Hebrew

Avraham Rosenberg for.avraham at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 06:46:39 IDT 2012

     Thank very much Guy, Shlomi and Nadav for their answers. I was very
pleasantly surprized by Open Office draw, which is, probably the way I will
go.
   The UTF8 capability of inkscape seems to be an afterthought. It it very
inconvenient to use it for more that adding a couple of characters.
   Upon browsing some revues and tutorials on the net, dia seems to be as
much American-English oriented as xfig. It may be better for diagrasms,
but, in this case, I need to make a sketch of the water installation on the
roof. I cherish old, antiquated xfig for such jobs, because of the very
simple structure of its files, which makes it easy to start with a very
imprecise sketch, as befitting my lack of skill in the matter, and then
change the values in the file, to the correct ones. As long as these
sketches were for my exclusive use, the lack of localization was
irrelevant, but now I wish to distribute copies to the neighbours living
under the same roof.
   Cheers, Avraham
--
Please avoid sending Excel or Powerpoint attachments to this address.