xfig+Hebrew

Avraham Rosenberg for.avraham at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 06:49:05 IDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 09:25:15AM +0300, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> Hi Avraham,
>
> In Linux/X11/Gnome/KDE the input method is typically application
> independent and there are various methods of inputting characters. If I
> need to input a fancy character, e.g. U+2646 Neptune ♆, I typically run
> gucharmap and search for the characters and then copy and paste them into
> application. But for Hebrew you obviously just switch to the hebrew
> keylayout and type away.
>
> Regarding rotation, I have experienced various issues when importing
> external formats into inkscape. Make sure that you can rotate a rectangle
> that you create in inkscape (by clicking twice and then dragging the
> semicircle arrows at the corners of the bounding box). If it doesn't work
> the same with a rectangle from a fig file, then you should file a bug about
> this. In my experience everything works much nicer if you do your whole
> workflow within InkScape. The warning messages from inkscape you can safely
> ignore.
>
> Regards,
> Dov

Hi Dov,
   I apologize for the lack of clarity: I am not talking about editing an
existing document. I just opened inkskape, selected the square/rectangle
drawing tool, placed and dimensioned it on the canvas, clicked until I got
the arrows indicating rotation and tried to tilt it to the left. Instead of
turning, it changed it height. No matter what I tried, it refused to
rotate.
   Did anyone experience similar problems?

Thanks, Avraham

--
Please avoid sending Excel or Powerpoint attachments to this address.