Fedora upgrade, got unbootable system

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:21:39 IDT 2012

Thanks for the help last time. In the end I reinstalled Fedora 16 on a new
partition. Though I have solved most issues I still have the problem that
when I log in I get the following strange interaction:

prompt> ssh dov at localhost
Last login: Wed Apr 18 17:16:28 2012 from localhost.localdomain
Could not chdir to home directory /home/dov: Permission denied
prompt> cd
prompt> pwd
/home/dov

I.e. I initially get a permission denied, but when cd'ing it doesn't affect
me. Could it be a SELinux issue?

Thanks!
Dov