32 or 64 bit Mandriva

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Fri Apr 20 10:51:47 IDT 2012

Currently I use 64-bit Debian Squeeze and Debian Wheezy (testing) on few
machines, and I am not aware of any problems.

However, if you have less than 4GB memory and no plans to add more
memory, then you'll get no advantage from moving to 64-bit.  Application
binaries will also be a bit bigger due to the 64-bit pointers, and since
virtual memory is being used, this means also a bit slower work.

--- Omer

--
One cannot argue with a Bayesian filter.       Peter Lorand Peres

I may be affiliated in any way.