sms via icq with the new mobile companies

Geoffrey S. Mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 11:54:41 IDT 2012

On 8/6/12 10:39 AM, Nadav Har'El wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 05, 2012, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote about "Re: sms via icq with the new mobile companies":
>> So not only check your bill carefully, but before you start sending
>> lots of free SMSs, make sure it does not cost you to receive them.
>
> In Israel, you *do not* pay for incoming SMSs - it is the sender that
> pays for them.

Sorry, that's wrong. Until recently you paid for incoming SMSs too.
There was a big stink about it a few years ago because people with
kosher cell phones were still charged for them, although they were never
delivered.

If you had a plan from before then you were charged. I found that out
the hard (expensive) way.

Since we sent and received less than 10 SMSs a month, it never occurred
to me to change the plan and I forgot about it until my son started
dating a girl with no internet coverage at home. After we put a stop to
their calling, they sent hundreds of SMSs through a free site.

It wasn't until a month later that I was reminded of the plan we had.

They are no longer dating, and his new girlfriend has internet at home,
and my son has an "all you can eat" airtime and SMS plan now.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379