mobile service providers updates

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Tue Aug 7 16:45:35 IDT 2012

On 08/07/2012 04:13 PM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On 8/7/12 3:06 PM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>> I figured I'd submit an update to the service providers database[1].
>>> From a quick search (using e.g. [2] and [3]) I got the following. Any
>> comments and fixes before I submit it?
>> +    <provider>
>> +        <name>GolanTelecomm</name>
>> +        <gsm>
>> +            <network-id mcc="425" mnc="03"/>
>> +            <apn value="internet.golantelecomm.net.il">
>> +                <plan type="postpaid"/>
>> +                <usage type="internet"/>
>> +                <name>3G</name>
>> +                <username>pcl at 3g</username>
>> +                <password>pcl</password>
>> +            </apn>
>> +        </gsm>
>> +    </provider>
>
> Golan requires you to dial *99# but it is not in the instructions on
> the web site.
I work for a company called LiveU. This company builds a device that has
several modems, and stream Video over them. Our internal database has
quite a few modems and providers from all over the world. Aside from one
Korean modem, *ALL* of them require dialing *99#.

As far as I know, the number to dial is a feature of the modem, and not
the cellular network. As such, it is irrelevant for the web site.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.