mysql vs mysqli vs pdo (php) Q

E.S. Rosenberg esr+linux-il at g.jct.ac.il
Sun Dec 2 11:45:05 IST 2012

Personally I like PDO a lot.
mysql_ should definitely be avoided, but as far as I always understood
mysqli_ is the alternative to PDO for those people who don't like
Object oriented stuff...
PDO is afaik an official part of php and the "recommended" way to
interact with a db so I have a hard time believing that they'd be
breaking that anytime soon.... (considering lots of projects are now
based in PDO or working on making the switch, also even if they do
decide to replace PDO since it's just a class the only thing needed to
replace it is a class that exposes the same set of
interfaces/functions).

 HTH,
Eliyahu - אליהו