Disappointed by IBA, again

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Mon Dec 10 11:20:02 IST 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote about "Re: Disappointed by IBA, again":
> Too late. You have to pay the annual TV levy even if you haven't got a
> TV receiver - any device that is capable of showing a moving picture,
> such as a DVD player + screen or a computer - qualifies.  This is from
> personal experience, sadly.

Right, but please note that there is an *additional* radio tax, 114
shekels a year according to Wikipedia, which at the moment only car
owners pay (families with multiple cars pay multiple times).

BTW, according to the always-reliable source Wikipedia,
http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%90%D7%92%D7%A8%D7%AA_%D7%94%D7%A8%D7%93%D7%99%D7%95_%D7%95%D7%94%D7%98%D7%9C%D7%95%D7%95%D7%99%D7%96%D7%99%D7%94
it was decided in a court case that if you have a computer which has a
TV-reception card it needs to pay agra, but a computer only connected
to the Internet (and theoretically can watch TV that way) does NOT need
to pay agra. But this can easily be changed by changing the law - which
I'm sure they will once the Internet becomes common enough (as if it's
not common enough already...).

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Monday, Dec 10 2012, 26 Kislev 5773