Motherboards for new Ubuntu install

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 22:32:56 IST 2012

I will be installing Kubuntu on 4 computers for a small business who
has already decided that the computers are to be purchased from Ivory.
Due to previous problems with Ubuntu on recent motherboards, I would
like to know which of the following motherboards might be reasonably
expected to work out of the box with Kubuntu 12.04 LTS or Kubuntu
12.10. These are the only motherboards in our price range from Ivory,
unfortunately:

    Asus P8H61-M LX R2.0
    Asus P8H61-M LE R2.0
    Asus P8H61-I R2.0
    Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H
    Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H

It seems that the Ubuntu Hardware Compatibility List website is no
longer maintained, and I cannot find any official information about
these motherboards on Linux in general or Ubuntu in particular. If you
can recommend a good supplier in the south (Beersheba) that has
reasonable prices and better parts, then I might be able to convince
them to ditch Ivory. I have spoken with Ivory customer support, which
told me that they cannot guarantee that any of the motherboards will
work.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il