Motherboards for new Ubuntu install

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Wed Dec 26 11:00:40 IST 2012

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012, Dotan Cohen wrote about "Motherboards for new Ubuntu install":
> I will be installing Kubuntu on 4 computers for a small business who
> has already decided that the computers are to be purchased from Ivory.

Hi Dotan,

In the last few years I purchased from Ivory several computers, usually
the cheapest ones with the simplest motherboards, etc., and was always
able to run the latest Linux (I prefer Fedora, but I don't think it
matters) without any problem.

> It seems that the Ubuntu Hardware Compatibility List website is no

I don't think the issue is whether Ubuntu supports it, but rather
whether the Linux kernel supports it. And with all likelihood, it
does (but don't come blaming me if it doesn't ;-))..

> them to ditch Ivory. I have spoken with Ivory customer support, which
> told me that they cannot guarantee that any of the motherboards will
> work.

If you want to buy 4 computers, why not buy one, test it, and then buy
the 3 more?

--
Nadav Har'El                        |    Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 13 Tevet 5773