Hardware Database

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 09:55:11 IST 2012

How about contributing to Hamakor's effort, which is in Hebrew and Israel
specific, regarding vendors and services:

http://wiki.hamakor.org.il/index.php/%D7%A0%D7%95%D7%AA%D7%A0%D7%99_%D7%A9%D7%99%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%AA

Regarding Hebrew installation guides, I agree that Israeli FOSS lovers do
not have the workforce to keep it up to date. And when they do, there are
so many more important things to do. And fun.

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Amichai Rotman <amichai at iglu.org.il> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It would've been nice to start a website where people could refer to to
> find out all the practical issues of installing / using FLOSS in Israel:
>
> * A hardware DB where they can look up a device by category (i.e.
> Motherboard) and check the compatibility sorted by distro etc.
>
> * A list of Israeli Linux friendly vendors (including vendors outside
> Israel that are willing to ship their products to Israel hustle free).
>
> * Distro specific Installation Guides, pointing out any common pitfalls.
>
> Such sites might exist out there in the Net, but none of them are Israeli
>  specific or in Hebrew and don't hold all the a fore mentioned features in
> one place...
> Another plus is the fact that the content will be socially contributed -
> by the users themselves.
>
> What do you think?
>
>   Amichai Rotman
>  Penguin - FLOSS Computer Service and Technical Consulting
>  +972-73-7962360 ||  +972-54-4605787

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.
http://ladypine.org