Preparing to convince to shift to non-propriety documents formats

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Sun Feb 5 21:35:41 IST 2012

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012, Micha wrote about "Re: Preparing to convince to shift to non-propriety documents formats":
> I didn't check it and don't know how it applies to school children, but
> I was told that as a student with a valid student ID you can get a free
> license for MS software, renewed yearly. Combine that with the MS tax

This doesn't make any sense. Like I said, virtually everyone in the
country either has school-aged children, or can easily find one - so who
*won't* get a free MS license if this was the deal?

Last time I checked, there were deals for *teachers*, but not for kids
or their families. So the teachers find it very convenient (and cheap)
to use MS, and who cares that the kids' families need to buy all this
expensive software, or alternatively break the law.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |                     Sunday, Feb 5 2012,