PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 11:58:11 IST 2012

I already figured out what this error is, but imagine my surprise when
I found that my error messages were localized! Especially when working
on a server somewhere in Germany via SSH and there being absolutely no
Hebrew or Israel configuration. What, did CentOS or PHP parse my login
name, and recognise it as an Israeli name? If the "o" had been omitted
from my last name would I have gotten the error message in Chinese?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com