PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Wed Feb 15 13:31:29 IST 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012, Lior Kaplan wrote about "Re: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM":
> I assure you he does know English and this was quite intentional...
>
> $ svn ann  Zend/zend_language_scanner.l | grep PAA
>  34779       zeev     return T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM;

Too bad that if he wanted to stick something Hebrew there, as some sort
of Easter Egg, that he didn't at least use *correct* hebrew.

The correct Hebrew is nekudAtayim, with a an "a", NOT an "o".

The special double plural suffix is attach to the signular form, not to the
already plural form... Just like he said Paamayim, not Paamimayim....

If you don't believe me, check out for example

http://blog.ravmilim.co.il/index/colon/

--
Nadav Har'El                        |                 Wednesday, Feb 15 2012,