Preparing to convince to shift to non-propriety documents formats

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Fri Feb 17 15:52:18 IST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 02:56:20PM +0200, Diego Iastrubni wrote:

> I installed Windows 7, and Office from MS. I also installed the latest version
> of LibreOffice.
>
> In MsOffice I created a "test 1,2,3" document (in Hebrew, RTL), saved as ODT,
> and opened in LibreOffice. File loaded, directionality not working.
>
> Created the same document in LibreOffice, saved and tried opening it in MSWord.
> This failed, as probably MSOfffice 2010 supports only ODF1.1 and LibreOffice
> supports only 1.1.

"And LibreOffice generates ODF 1.2 files", right?

Anyway, isn't ODF 1.2 backward-compatible with older version of ODF by design?

Also note that the major incompatibility mentioned in that article was
in the spreadsheet format.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best