How to build LAN drivers with no internet access

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Mon Jul 2 14:54:53 IDT 2012

Hi Dotan,

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 02:32:13PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I need to build the LAN drivers for an ASUS P8H61 MLX motherboard with
> no internet access on Kubuntu 12.04. The driver is available here:
> http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#2

These NICs should be well supported in recent kernels. Make sure that you have
the firmware-realtek package installed. If the firmware for your NIC is
missing from firmware-realtek (rtl8402-1.fw and rtl8411-1.fw currently) get it
from
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git;a=tree;f=rtl_nic;h=433ba2c0164f9809221d969d3d60e605575790fc;hb=HEAD,
and copy to /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/.

Hope this helps.