suggestions sought for a framework for a quick, dirty, really simple GUI prototype

Shlomi Fish shlomif at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:12:45 IDT 2012

Hi all,

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM, yochai <yochai at titat.info> wrote:
> Sorry, I thought it will be clear what I'm speaking about.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_DirectMedia_Layer

I would recommend against SDL, because creating a decent GUI with it
will require a lot of work, and on top of it will give you a giant
window of raw graphics in the screen, which isn't very user-friendly
or impressive. SDL is good enough for games, but not for a GUI
application.

There used to be a GUI library for SDL called "ParaGUI" but its home
page is currently down. I'm not sure if it could fix all of SDL's
limitations in regards to its usability as a GUI platform.

Regards,

-- Shlomi Fish