suggestions sought for a framework for a quick, dirty, reallysimple GUI prototype

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:15:37 IDT 2012

Both Gtk and Qt work seamlessly under Windows, and launching your tool as
an external process might be feasible.

(I did something similar at Orbotech about 15y ago when I wrote an external
tool in Perl/Tk that exactly matched the colors and fonts of the external
C++/Motif based GUI. In a certain scenario the tool would be launched and
as it was frameless it snugly overlayed part of the GUI. When the
interaction was done it was popped down, and the customers had not any clue
that they had been interacting with an external tool. :-)

Regards,
Dov