[Sort of solved] Re: gmail over POP3 - anyone else experiencing problems?

Oleg Goldshmidt pub at goldshmidt.org
Sun Mar 4 23:35:58 IST 2012

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 11:10 PM, Oleg Goldshmidt <pub at goldshmidt.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I usually access gmail over POP3 using fetchmail, which has always worked
> fine. I was on a trip recently, and did not POP mail for about 8-9 days or
> so. Since I returned (Thursday) POP keeps telling me that there is no mail
> for me, even though there is, and I can access it over the web interface.

I forgot to mention that I had checked that POP was enabled in gmail
settings. I re-checked the "enable POP for email that arrives from now on",
saved the settings, and fetchmail detected new mail, so it seems to have
worked. I just missed some mail in my POPped collection (but not in
general). Whatever it was, it seems to have gone away.

If anyone finds out that it was connected with the change in privacy
settings (the timing seems suspicious) please share.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | pub at goldshmidt.org <oleg at goldshmidt.org>